Thursday, June 23, 2011

YOU did this to me.

Hello to all 7 of my loyal followers, don't think I don't notice!
...And my sincerest apologies at missing yesterday - life gets in the way sometimes.

I have a confession to make:
I skipped the gym yesterday, thats twice this week! And honestly, I feel good about it.  I think my body is tired of the hell I put it through, and went on strike.  Instead, I played on the boat with babe, and took Molly to explore the water (she was terrified). And went for a run with Sadie.

And... This is where the title comes into play.
Thanks to all of you and your passion for running, and living a far more exciting life than I - I have begun to dabble in running!
Yes, I said it, and I want to thank all of you (even those beautiful runners that I stalk endlessly, but who don't follow me, ehem).  I am even signing up for a 5K this summer! I know, not quite as impressive as the rest of you, but hey, for a girl that NEVER runs, I think a 5K is a good place to start!

Don't get me wrong, my passion is still in weights (and probably always will be), but I'm starting to see the FUN in fitness again - before it was like a job, where a day off (none the less TWO days off) was taboo.  Where I felt awful after skipping a workout and religiously recorded calories (which, by the way, I have vowed to quit).

I want to be happy AND healthy - like all of you!

So that's the plan - stay tuned!
=)

Oh AND, if you're on FB, add me - you are helping to change my life, we should probably be friends!
http://www.facebook.com/nbly

2 comments:

  1. don't feel bad, I skipped working out today, too. at least you got a run in!! I just wasn't feeling it today. hopefully I get my fire back tomorrow!

    and I am now a follower. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU WILL LOVE RUNNING!!!! I am so happy you're going to run a 5k!!! It's ok to still be passionate about weights! You don't have to be a marathon runner but a little 5k here and there will be exciting! And you can eat more carbs wahoo!

    Ps I am proud to be one of your 7 followers ;)

    ReplyDelete