Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Its fun to stay at the.. YMCA

I hope you're doing the motions to that lovely song right now, either in your head or right out in the open. That would be great.
Random? No.
Today, I got to work from the comfort of the DuBois YMCA's conference room.. Not from the office, because we have no internet - and not from my house, because we have no power. My only other option? The Y.  Which is very fitting, seeing as I practically live there anyway.. It is, however, very difficult to concentrate on the computer for 8 hours when all I can hear are the weights upstairs.. And all I want to do is throw them around a little...

Anyway, today is a much needed Shoulders & Abs day, after a long 2 day break from the gym due to the immense pain in my legs. I couldn't even walk yesterday, and Leg Day was Saturday.  Needless to say, Rob is a very good trainer :-)

This Friday is 12 weeks out. That means Clean Diet (no more random Peanut Butter binging) and Progress Pictures taken weekly. I'm super excited for this next contest season, I think its going to go very well.  Three shows over the span of a month.. September 2, 10, and October 8. Let's see what this girl can do!

Oh AND I found an amazing PB Oatmeal Cookie Recipe that may be my newest addiction (especially in dough form - who doesn't love cookie dough?!)
Enjoy!

Protein PB Cookies
1 Egg White (preferably from a real egg)
1/8 to 1/4 Cup Pumpkin (see note below)
1/4 Cup Oatmeal (not instant)
1 Scoop Protein Powder
1 Tablespoon Natural Peanut Butter (or any nut butter)
4 drops French Vanilla Stevia (or vanilla extract & sweetener of choice)
1/4 Cup Bob's Red Mill Low-Carb Baking Mix (If you don't have this, you NEED to look into it - amazing Product)
*Note: IF you use Bob's, use 1/4 cup pumpkin, if you don't have Bob's (shame on you!) use 1/2 cup oatmeal & 1/8 cup pumpkin.

Combine all ingredients and eat raw (yum) or bake as one lage cookie, or small cookies, or (as I chose) in little muffins.
Bake at 350 10-25 minutes, depending on the size of your cookie(s). Check frequently.


They make a lovely mid-day snack, and have killer macros for pre-workout:
380 Calories
11.25G Fat, 27.5G Carbs, 8G Fiber, 45G Protein, 485 Sodium
*I used Bob's, and VPX Zero Carb SRO in Graham Cracker.. Stats may very.

And thats my day in a nutshell.
Time to go move so serious weight!!
:-)

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see progress pictures! I just had a killer leg workout today and still have my cardio to do later tonight! Yikes! Do you think you could post some of your workouts? I would totally be interested to see what a pro like you does at the gym :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I'm flattered, I can only HOPE to someday be pro! But yes, absolutely, keep an eye out for some routines :-)

    ReplyDelete