Friday, June 3, 2011

TGIF

Happy Friday!
(Yes, I've been dying in anticipation).

Friday means I get the next 2 days to play outside in the sun!! And do my weekly grocery shopping/meal-planning and other such chores.  I love weekends =)

Last night I was experimenting a bit in the kitchen while I was waiting for dinner to cook.. And I came up with something absolutely amazing! Score another one for pureed pumpkin.

Pumpkin Protein Batter
1/2 Cup Pureed Pumpkin (its a bit too moist, and took awhile to bake.. I may drop to 1/3 or 1/4 next time around)
2 Egg Whites (or 1/3 cup liquid egg whites)
1 Scoop Protein Powder
1 Square (1/2 OZ) Unsweetened Bakers Chocolate - Shaved (I quit halfway through though - so there are some extra special chunks in mine)
1 Tbsp Natural Almond Butter (this wasn't planned, 2 Tbsp PB2 was planned, but tragically, I ran out.....)

Mix all ingredients well, pour into muffin tins, or a pie pan, depending on your preference. Both of mine were in the dishwasher, so I used a standard small square baking pan, it did just fine.  This is a very flexible batter, just keep an eye on it as baking times will vary..
I baked mine at 350 for 20 minutes. It is beautiful!
Before:

After:

And has perfect macros (in my book, that is):
310 Calories
15.5G Fat 18.5G Carbs 9G Fiber 38.5G Protein

You can do pretty much whatever you want with the standard batter (everything BUT the Baker's Chocolate & Almond Butter) so you can fit the macros to your diet.
Love.

Anyway..
Today is ARM DAY!!
Rob hates when I dedicate a whole session to arms, he says I don't need to because I work them as secondaries with Back/Chest/Shoulders - and my arms are genetically huge in comparison to the rest of my body.. See:

But I can't help myself, I get such a great pump when I lift arms! And I just love them, they're my money shot.
Please disregard the rest of me in that picture, I'm not exactly a prize right outta bed!

=)

1 comment: