Wednesday, June 15, 2011

One sick puppy..

OH EM GEE.
Sorry for the exaggerated excitement, but I just had the most fabulous lunch – and I packed it myself. I knew what it was, but I did not expect it to be so good! Isn’t that a great surprise? But more importantly, what was it?

The main event: ½ a Spaghetti squash filled with 1/3 cup veggie “crumbles” (soy-meat substitute, no I am not vegetarian/vegan/etc.. I just really like this stuff), diced tomatoes, Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil & Garlic seasoning, and veggie parmesan cheese (I can’t eat the real stuff because I’m lactose-intolerant, boo).  I wrapped the whole thing in foil and baked it at 350 for 25ish minutes.  Let cool, then scrape it all out (if you’ve prepared spaghetti squash before, you know the drill).
Amazing.

I paired it with some cooked spinach, a can of light tuna packed in water, balsamic vinegar, and Mrs. Dash Caribbean Citrus seasoning.

My belly is so happy right now.


On a side note, I didn’t make those cookies from yesterday yet.. I had the best intentions, but when I got home from the gym I fell asleep on the couch with my sick little puppy.. Yes, my little Molly’s sick. I don’t know what’s wrong (she probably ate something she shouldn’t have); I hate sick dogs, they make me so sad because I never know what to do. It would be so much easier if they could tell you what’s wrong!  She just lays around, that’s all she did yesterday – she followed me to wherever I was headed and then laid behind me until I went somewhere else – even with the other 2 playing and running around.  That’s not like her, not at all. And she went out probably 4 times in half an hour, also not like her.  I hope she’s better soon…


Last night I lifted back, and wrote nothing down.  I was still in my ‘mood’ from earlier (if you aren’t up to date, check out My Identity Crisis).  It was an OK workout.. I just need to get my head on straight again.
Tonight is Chest day (and a little back, to make up for yesterdays slack), then dinner:  grilled turkey breast cutlets, grilled asparagus, and pasta for dinner; and hopefully movie night with babe and the puppies (and trust me, it will undoubtedly be all 5 of us on the couch, whether babe and I like it or not).

6 comments:

  1. hey cute girl! LOVE the spaghetti squash! i love your healthy eats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you pretty lady!
    I love everything about your blog - especially the fact that I'm not alone in the digestive thing (I totally feel your pain).
    Oh AND, I love eggs in lettuce boats.
    The end.
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I can learn a lot from your b-log!!! Lovin your pup too of course! thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!!!

    Are you training for an upcoming competition?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I am!
    I am doing my very first NPC Women's Physique show in September, and I am scared of out my mind!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicole, Your site is great as well!! :)

    I love the spaghetti squash recipe. Easy and so yummy! I am huge fan of the ground/crumbled tofu. Which brand are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you like it!!
    I am using Lightlife Smart Ground at the moment.. I like Morning Star too =) Even though I'm not vegan/vegetarian, I like to use the substitutes to cut down on cholesterol and animal fats - plus they're so tasty!!

    ReplyDelete