Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Why, hello there.

I'm new to this, so bear with me..

I suppose I could start with the basics:

I'm 22, fairly attractive, and I like to lift heavy weights.
I live with my super amazing boyfriend and our 3 crazy dogs (trust me, you'll hear all about them).
I am aspiring to be great, at something, preferably in the world of Fitness.. I have competed in 3 Figure Competitions (Kumite Classic - May 2010; NPC Natural Ohio - April 2, 2011; NANBF Pittsburgh Championships - April 16, 2011) and I am planning on making the switch to Physique this fall after a much needed off season.
The 2 places I feel happiest are in the gym and in the kitchen, I have a never-ending obsession with trying to make super clean, ridiculously healthy "treats" (as my mother calls them). Just because I'm pretty much ALWAYS on a diet doesn't mean I can't have a sweet tooth too!
Hmmm...
I work for an explosives company and I handle Procurement and Accounts Payable (among other things).  I am also studying to get my Personal Training and Fitness Nutrition Certifications through ISSA.

Do you care?
Do you want a sweet recipe?
I thought so..

Brownie Protein Bars
1 Avocado
4 T Chocolate Powder
1 Cup Black Beans (I use dry, not canned, but canned can be used instead if necessary).
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
5 Scoops Protein Powder (I use 3 different kinds to get the right Macros, you can use as many as you please)
1/2 Cup Egg Whites
Sweetener if desired (I use Stevia)

Prepare black beans as directed on package.
-Soak overnight, drain, rinse, simmer on low heat uncovered for 2 hours. Drain, rinse, let cool.
Preheat oven to 350.
Line 9X13 cake pan with parchment paper (or Pam); you can also use muffin liners for little brownie cookie creations.
Combine all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.  I use the Ninja, nothing has worked as well on black beans to date (and as you will soon find out, I LOVE to puree black beans).
Bake 20-30 minutes, checking fairly often.  They are done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment