Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cinco de Mayo

Happy 5th of May!

..And Happy Back Day!
OMG its my favorite day of the week Party smile
But it is also Thursday, which is one day closer to my trip to Canada next week.. For work, not fun.
That being said, I need to pack food for the 10 hour drive! And hopefully find a grocery store close to the hotel so I can stock up on chicken, oatmeal, and veggies for the stay..

I plan on making the following homemade protein bars this weekend, and taking a few of each for the drive and the week in general (I Red heart homemade protein bars), both are no-bake, which is preferred.

Tofu Protein Bar
1 package Silken Lite Tofu
4 scoops protein powder
3 cups whole oats
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, Cinnamon, PB2 (powdered peanut butter), Stevia, etc…
*You can really add anything you like to this; chocolate Protein and cocoa powder is my favorite combo, followed very closely by chocolate protein and PB2

Combine tofu and protein in a bowl and mix with an electric mixer on high until smooth.  Add the oats and mix with the mixer until combined.
*Note if it is too thick add a 1/4 cup of water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
Cover 8X8 pan with parchment paper. Spread the mixture in the pan and place in the fridge for an hour.



Clean Protein Bars
-4 Scoops chocolate protein powder
-2/3 Cup flax seed meal
-4 Tbsp PB
*I use 4 Tbsp PB2 and 2 Tbsp water for FAR less fat.
-1/4 Cup water
-2 Tbsp cocoa powder

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and stir. Add 1 tbsp of water at a time if needed.  Cover 8X8 pan with parchment paper. Spread the mixture in the pan and place in the fridge for a few hours (I find overnight is the best option), or in the freezer for an hour.

Hmm..
I don't wanna go!
I'm gonna miss the hell out of my Babe, and my puppies, and my GYM.

I know, Sadie isn't very lady-like..
Tomorrow is photoshoot day!
I'm excited, kind of, and anxious..
I need to drop some water weight before then - looks like I have an early AM date with the elliptical, joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment