Friday, May 27, 2011

TGIF

Happy Friday!
..And happy Memorial Day Weekend (in case I don't make it online in the meantime)!

Want a killer brownie recipe to take to all of the wonderful Memorial day cookouts?
Shhhh.. Make sure you don't "spill the beans" on the ingredients until AFTER everyone has tasted (and fallen in love) with these little darlings!

Super Low-Fat Protein Brownies

1 Package Lite Silken Tofu
4 T Chocolate Powder
1 Cup Black Beans (I use dry, not canned, but canned can be used instead if necessary).
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
5 Scoops Protein Powder (I use 3 different kinds to get the right Macros, you can use as many as you please)
1/2 Cup Egg Whites
1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree
Sweetener if desired (I use Stevia)

Prepare black beans as directed on package.
Soak overnight, drain, rinse, simmer on low heat uncovered for 2 hours. Drain, rinse, let cool.
Preheat oven to 350.
Line 9X13 cake pan with parchment paper (or Pam); you can also use muffin liners for little brownie cookie creations.
Combine all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.  I use the Ninja, hands down most wonderful creation ever.
Bake 20-30 minutes, checking fairly often.  They are done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

Variations?
Chop up some Bakers Chocolate (I swear by unsweetened, just because I am a dark chocolate fanatic), Add a few tablespoons of PB2 (if you haven't ordered some yet, do it!), or a few drops (by a few I mean 1/2 teaspoon at MOST) of mint extract. Or any combination (Dark chocolate & PB2 is always a hit). Play with the flavors of protein too! Add some nuts if you like, go wild!

I'll put up pictures when I get a chance!!

And in the world of weights..
Today is Chest Day! Ok, so I'm not THAT excited.. Chest is my weakest (and therefore least favorite) body part..
But nonetheless, the show goes on. I am officially at 114 lb! And right around 12% bodyfat! Not bad for the offseason..

Enjoy the holiday!
I'm hoping to take progress pictures this weekend, so check back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment